Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lost things

This week has been a fun one for me. Monday, I was working on the computer and left my wallet in front of it while I ran into my room for some papers I needed. When I got back, James was happily playing with my now empty wallet. I removed my possesssions from him and went on with what I was doing. A few minutes later, I realized that my all of my debit and credit cards were missing. This started a massive search of the living room. I looked in the couches, I checked out the vents, I even moved the TV cabinet and looked under it. Of course, no luck.

I did find them about an hour later. James had shoved them into the DVD drive on our Mac. Oh no! I called Michael in tears and he nicely came home to comfort me. We ended up having to take the computer into the Apple store where they were able to remove them, and they did it without laughing visibly in front of Michael. (His supervisor laughed ALOT!)

Of course, last night right before Pack meeting, Peter can't find his cub scout belt. We search the entire house and find all sorts of interesting other things... but no belt. I did manage to find it this morning after doing another search of his room. It was stuck in the space between the wall and his dresser! No wonder we couldn't see it when we looked under the dresser!

The good news, is that I can look back and laugh now. However I propose that we now only find things, not lose them!

3 comments:

mary said...

Wow. I thought that computers and credit cards were not supposed to be in close proximity to each other... something about the magnetic strip?! Do they both still work?

Mom said...

Emma, you certainly lead an "interesting" life! Brings back memories for sure. Reminds me of Michael when he was little!

Tat said...

I don't know how many times we've speculated that James must have thrown something away only to later find it in the most unimaginable place. The way kids think...

Contributors

Followers