Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another tale of frosting!


Since I've decided to learn how to decorate cakes, the next step was to actually decorate a cake. So on Saturday, I made a cake and copied a design from the lesson book.  It turned out pretty well, but I learned a lovely lesson about stiff frosting!  It makes your hand ache from all the pressure you have to apply to the frosting and rips parchment bags.  Stiff frosting also makes your petals raggedy on the frosting roses!  

But David, being the gentleman he is told me, "Mom, I like the ruffly edges on your roses.. It makes them more NATURAL, more real." 
Thanks David!  

Peter was just disappointed that this cake only lasted 2 days at our house.  I'm impressed it lasted that long!

James trying to sample the pretty cake!

3 comments:

mary said...

I am with David-- I think the roses look more natural this way! Good cake decorating! I bet your hand muscles will get strong in no time. Luckily you have so many cake eaters at your house... that cake would have lasted 2 weeks over here!

Mom said...

That cake not only looks good, but it was probably delicious! Good work & decorating, Emma! We do love your blog - it's really your family journal. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Tat said...

I love Annie's nursing comment... food and milk! Kids are so creative and adorable. And way to encourage breastfeeding when she's young!

Contributors

Followers